The real name of the game
Today we release the second version of the Alpha.
But before that, I would like to announce that the Planets³ project is now called “Stellar Overload”.
Planets³ was the name of our project. One year ago we needed to seriously think about the possibility to continue to use this name. Sadly it was not possible. There were different reasons for that:
- When you hear Planets³ you don’t think of a RPG, but more of a survival game or a building game. I wanted the name to put the RPG aspect of the game forward, by being directly linked to the story.
- The pun with the “³” character was not a good idea. A lot of country in the world do not understand it. And this is not web compatible.
- Also we needed to change the name for legal reasons (trademark deposit)
I know that, without the scenario, it is difficult today to fully appreciate this new name. But I hope that during the development phase (even if we do not spoil the story before the final version) you will be able to like it as much as we do.
The new alpha version
During the last 3 months we focused on introducing the craft system in the game (and everything required to make it work). On the menu:
- Exploration through 6 different biomes to “harvest” 140 natural resources and find up to 72 recipes
- Dozens of materials, weapons, tools to craft using the new crafting stations
- A new enemy : the Arluloids, we introduced in a news some days ago
We temporary disabled the multiplayer mode (at the moment, it is not working), we will release a patch as soon as possible to correct this issue.
There are a lot of new elements to discover in this version, but I will not say anything more. I will let you discover this new version by yourself!
Do not hesitate to give us any feedback or your feelings about this new version, we will open new topics on the alpha forum to talk about that.