The UE4 Migration
The migration to Unreal Engine goes on.
We are facing unexpected problems regarding the user interface and the rendering at a long distance, but we are getting there!
- Movement synchronization in multiplayer
- Block destruction, placement and “picking” (synchronized in multiplayer) including wall placement
- Terrain generation like in the prototype
- Integration of “pre-modeled” trees
- Menus and the key bindings configuration window
- Partial compression of the geometry enabling the game to run on 32-bits platforms
- Mac version
- Real-time saving
- Universe creation / loading window
Remaining features in order to release the pre-alpha:
- Placement ghost improvement
- Destruction ghost improvement and tools implementation
- Display of the inventory window and implementation of all the associated actions
- Display of the game settings window
- Correction of some lag and synchronization problems in multiplayer
- Integration of the animals
- Improvement of the multiplayer connection window
- Deactivation of Unreal Engine’s dynamic shadows (not adapted) and restoration of the block lighting model we used in the prototype
- Setup of the rendering in order to improve it (reflection, particles, textures)
- Creation of the installers for Windows and Mac
- Correction of the remaining bugs
The web Tools
We have added several interesting features on our website.
You now have access to a messaging system working like on some social networks, that is you have the possibility to send messages to people in your friend list.
So a new option has appeared below the nickname of the community’s members enabling you to send them a friend request.
If the person accepts, you now have the possibility to send him/her a message from your account page, in the new “Private messaging” tab
If you receive spam (through a friend request or a message) you have the possibility to report it using the “Action” button.
A new icon « messages » has also appeared on the top right banner of the website.
English-speaking / French-speaking Forum
We decided to fully split the English-speaking and the French-speaking forums.
You can, from now on, use the language selection button on the top right side of the forum to change the language of the forum and switch from one forum to the other.
The application form for the moderators is still open, if you wish to join us, it is here: http://www.planets-cube.com/forum/topic/846
We will choose the first moderators in December.