Forums Moderator

Kuthedk Posts: 17 Registration: 2014-06-02 Popularity: 5
Hey there planets-cube,

I would like to volunteer myself as a forums moderator to help manage the forums, this is the second time I have seen spam post having to do with some stuff that seems rather shady (possibly illegal) and I would much rather see this game, and the forums that promote this game, grow and be rid of said shady stuff. I myself have ran a few forums and know what it takes to be a moderator and how to handle things when it comes down to it all. In fact I know you would benefit from having a backer become a forums moderator because it shows that you would like to see this community grow and be a strong and healthy community backed by a player base that loves the game just as much as you who are all working on it do.

My apologies for such a short reasoning as to why I should be a forums moderator but I also have to go study for a few exams that my professors are giving later this week and tomorrow afternoon.

thanks all,

Kuthedk (a.k.a Kuth)
#1 2014-10-21
NeoM Posts: 1188 Registration: 2014-04-04
It's planned to have moderators from the community. We still have some tools to develop before.
We will warn you when we are ready to accept moderators and in which way.

And for this last night concern (the 150 spam messages) : we will add some features on the forum to prevent this to happen again.
#2 2014-10-21
Kuthedk Posts: 17 Registration: 2014-06-02 Popularity: 5
Alright, thanks NeoM. Also I would recommend an IP ban on the person(s) that are posting the spam messages, but I think you guys already knew that.
#3 2014-10-22
Komposten Posts: 199 Registration: 2014-06-02
Published By Kuthedk2014-10-22 07:30:41Also I would recommend an IP ban on the person(s) that are posting the spam messages, but I think you guys already knew that.IP bans might not be the best of ideas since IP addresses are dynamic and may change every now and then.
#4 2014-10-22
Altalus Posts: 136 Registration: 2014-03-27
Published By Komposten2014-10-22 08:45:10IP bans might not be the best of ideas since IP addresses are dynamic and may change every now and then.
indeed, as Komposten said, IP ban is not the best idea.
There is already a way to ban some IPs on the forum, but since the IP addresses can be dynamic, it is hard to use this way to block spammers (and I'm sure spammers are not using static IPs, as it would be too easy to stop them).

Furthermore, some other problems can appear with IP ban.
For instance, imagine that an IP is assigned to a spammer one day, and to a valid user the day after (always because an IP can be dynamic).
If the IP is banned, the valid user will no longer be able to access the forum.
#5 2014-10-22
cyberjasse Registration: 2014-08-03
I think there is no more moderator in English forum.
#6 2017-12-08
Close We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.
By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here for more information about cookies.

Altalus

Send a friend request to

Send Request Cancel
Close

Do you really want to report this nickname () as abusive?

An error occured...Please retry or contact us to solve the problem

Thank you for accepting the forum terms of use.
You now have access to all the forum features (including creating new topics and messages).

Reply Quote Modify Delete Moderate Report as critical Add to CD bookmarks Remove from CD bookmarks Close topic (Re)open topic Set as post-it Stop setting up as post-it Set as announcement Stop setting up as announcement Jump to first Cubical Drift message Next Cubical Drift message

Do you really want to delete this message (this operation cannot be undone)?
Please note that if your message is the first one of a topic, the topic will be deleted too.

Cancel Submit