Shout out for The Hum

Nice-N-Simply Posts: 25 Registration: 2014-06-02
Can cubical drift make a shoutout for The Hum https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thehum/the-hum-game?ref=nav_search

In the next update they send to all of us? Seeing this game struggle along as much as planets cube did.
#1 2014-08-15
Nolram Posts: 4 Registration: 2014-06-02
Oh man this game looks real nice, but I'm not sure Cubical Drift could do much for it, as they don't have as much coverage as they did on the kickstarter days... But well let's see
#2 2014-08-15
NeoM Posts: 1188 Registration: 2014-04-04
I received / receive a lot of requests to shout out other projects.
I did “play the game” during the Planets³ campaign but I did impose myself a rule since then: no more shoutouts after the end of our own campaign.

So the answer is no.
But nothing prevent you to talk about other Kickstarter projects you like here on this “ off-topic discussion” forum (I moved this topic BTW), to share them with our community.
#3 2014-08-15
Modified by NeoM on 2014-08-15.
Frostyfrog Posts: 18 Registration: 2014-06-02
That makes sense why you'd do that, actually. When I was reading through the update mails, they kinda felt like It was more of a "spam" KS project that was just there to promote other KS projects. A lot of people may not see it that way, but I did at the time.

Even though I did think that at the time, the lack of promotions afterwards and the updates on the website solidified that CB held a legitimate KS campaign, and that it wasn't a fake just trying to promote other KS projects.

The fact that you guys aren't doing the shout-outs any more is something that I appreciate, and I think supports your position as a legitimate company trying to make their own game. Thank you =D

(P.S. Sorry if that seemed a little blunt or harsh, just thought I would say the truth of how I felt in relation to what NeoM said)
#4 2014-08-15
Close We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.
By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here for more information about cookies.

Altalus

Send a friend request to

Send Request Cancel
Close

Do you really want to report this nickname () as abusive?

An error occured...Please retry or contact us to solve the problem

Thank you for accepting the forum terms of use.
You now have access to all the forum features (including creating new topics and messages).

Reply Quote Modify Delete Moderate Report as critical Add to CD bookmarks Remove from CD bookmarks Close topic (Re)open topic Set as post-it Stop setting up as post-it Set as announcement Stop setting up as announcement Jump to first Cubical Drift message Next Cubical Drift message

Do you really want to delete this message (this operation cannot be undone)?
Please note that if your message is the first one of a topic, the topic will be deleted too.

Cancel Submit