space stations

whitenoise Posts: 16 Registration: 2017-07-14
I was really happy when I figured out a way to build a space station. build a ship take it in orbit then build it there all good. Intill I reloaded the game and my station was gone. My question is for the admins is there going to be a fix for this? I put it here because its sort of a vehicle considering you have to add on to a space ship. Also I would of reported this as a bug but I did not see a spot for that.

Thanks I hope you guys fix this
#1 2017-07-16
CodingMarmot Posts: 1028 Registration: 2014-04-15
If you want your station to survive, you have to keep at least one control block on it (one of the 6 metablocks used in vehicles, so just plant a thruster). Otherwise it will be considered as meaningless part and will be discarded in 5 minutes. But this should not make it disappear JUST when you reload. So this is probably not the cause.

Another issue that may have happened is that you moved the station upon respawning and sent it fly away. Or there may be persistence issue for vehicles in space. In fact, we did not focus on this part yet.
#2 2017-07-17
Modified by CodingMarmot on 2017-07-17.
Close We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.
By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here for more information about cookies.

Altalus

Send a friend request to

Send Request Cancel
Close

Do you really want to report this nickname () as abusive?

An error occured...Please retry or contact us to solve the problem

Thank you for accepting the forum terms of use.
You now have access to all the forum features (including creating new topics and messages).

Reply Quote Modify Delete Moderate Report as critical Add to CD bookmarks Remove from CD bookmarks Close topic (Re)open topic Set as post-it Stop setting up as post-it Set as announcement Stop setting up as announcement Jump to first Cubical Drift message Next Cubical Drift message

Do you really want to delete this message (this operation cannot be undone)?
Please note that if your message is the first one of a topic, the topic will be deleted too.

Cancel Submit