Bugs on Steam Early Access 3

Domino Posts: 181 Registration: 2017-01-02
Early Access 3 is available!

Feel free to report here any bug found on the second Steam early access 3 version here!
#1 2017-03-29
Scrythor Posts: 60 Registration: 2015-08-26
Please fix the map. When I quit to the title screen, the map forgets which planets I've been on. Also, the arkuloids in Phileas's second treehouse are miscolored. Much thanks!
#2 2017-03-29
Domino Posts: 181 Registration: 2017-01-02
Thank you very much for your feedback.
We take good note of everything :)
#3 2017-03-30
Gcasas Posts: 2 Registration: 2014-06-16
Hi i just got in to try the EA3 but I discovered that I lost all my recipes TT.TT

I tried reloading the save and restarting the game but could not get them to come back. Is there anything that can be done to get them back?

Edit: I dont know if it helps but the first time I tried to load it in EA3 it showed an incompatible error on my save files, but was solved after I closed and reopened the games, so maybe something during the conversion was lost
#4 2017-04-01
Modified by Gcasas on 2017-04-01.
CodingMarmot Posts: 1039 Registration: 2014-04-15
Unfortunately this is an additionnal bug in the incompatibility of EA2 => EA3 saves. There's another issue with quest progress which is not compatible.
We tried to upgrade them at minimal cost (our efforts being on making features to the game).
For the final version of the game we will ensure savegame compatibility, but as we are still in development, the game ground is moving so much that it is very difficult to ensure compatibility.
In the next fix we will deliver, the EA2 savegames won't be compatible anymore (except the already converted ones, at you own risks).

Start a fresh adventure, with the addition of hunger, this changes the way to play. You also have a new dungeon (replacing the old fortress) to explore.
#5 2017-04-03
Modified by CodingMarmot on 2017-04-03.
taisph Posts: 5 Registration: 2017-04-10
13 hours in on the Steam version on Linux using OpenGL 4 (Everything maxed, 3 threads, dynamic shadows, no vsync) and the most annoying thing I encountered was the flickering backdrop sky.

Other notable issues:
- Steam screenshots are black.
- Entering the atmosphere on a new planet is extremely slow. Framerate slowed to near nothing and it took around 30 seconds before higher res trees and models started showing.

Edit: Managed to find screenshots of the backdrop/skybox issue in the saved games folders: https://goo.gl/photos/YtwQyScQ39gLJfLN7
#6 2017-04-10
Modified by taisph on 2017-04-10.
- Placing a Tesla Pylon will apparently align it to another faction, making it attack the player and prevent it from being removed again.
- The lag occurring when flying to another planet made me end up somewhere deep inside the planet, with the spacecraft, encased in lvl 5 blocks.
#7 2017-04-10
cyberjasse Registration: 2014-08-03
@taisph Same bug for me yesterday, deep inside Selene with my stuff and stuff to build spare spacecrafts, my fault.
#8 2017-04-10
Published By cyberjasse2017-04-10 18:21:41@taisph Same bug for me yesterday, deep inside Selene with my stuff and stuff to build spare spacecrafts, my fault.Haha, I now have two stranded spacecrafts on one of the planets. I was planning to go there with a tool creator and a bunch of pylons to keep the zapping sphere thingies at bay. But before I left I decided to test the pylon inside the rebel base, right next to all the fabricators. :'(
#9 2017-04-10
- Map/minimap is behaving oddly on clients playing on a local networked server. Vehicle icons seem stuck even if they are moving, and player seems to be pointing in the wrong direction most of the time.
#10 2017-04-10
@taisph You know I am stuck deep in Selene. And now I commited suicide using the command /suicide. And I lost nothing ! Any blocks, any tools. Even I am un hard mode without keeping items when we died . Perhaps a bug ?
#11 2017-04-10
Published By taisph2017-04-10 14:23:02the flickering backdrop sky.We are aware of this problem, that occurs mainly with OpenGL3. We are upgrading our version of Unreal Engine 4 to 4.13, and we should be using Vulkan graphics API instead, that should get rid of this problem.Published By taisph2017-04-10 19:17:54But before I left I decided to test the pylon inside the rebel base, right next to all the fabricators. :'(Arg sorry about that. Worst place ever :) We made the tesla pylons invincible when in a dungeon you do not own (same for some other metablocks). However, the rebel camp should be owned by the rebels, so you should be able to remove it. This is a bug!
There's a solution to get rid of the pylon aggressions, but I don't want to spoil this gameplay mechanic. Just try to find a out a solution using all that you have access in game (search for something very simple).Published By taisph2017-04-10 19:20:32- Map/minimap is behaving oddly on clients playing on a local networked server. Vehicle icons seem stuck even if they are moving, and player seems to be pointing in the wrong direction most of the time.This seems to be a major bug we have in creative multiplayer only, where the clients are totally unsynchronized from the server. To check, verify if scrolling with the mouse changes immediately your hotbar selection. If not, you are in this bug. We are also trying to upgrade Unreal Engine to solve this issue, which seems related on the networking system of the engine (we may ask too much for it !).Published By cyberjasse2017-04-10 20:49:02@taisph You know I am stuck deep in Selene. And now I commited suicide using the command /suicide. And I lost nothing ! Any blocks, any tools. Even I am un hard mode without keeping items when we died . Perhaps a bug ?The explanation. Don't read.Really. Don't read that.Ok... ok... if you got that far...When you are in a dense environment (ie : no air around), or in space, or generally no buildable space around, we can't put your backpack in the world. In this case, you keep your stuff. I shouldn't have revealed that... Please, don't bug exploit this :-) (anyway seems hard to use).
#12 2017-04-11
Graham Posts: 1 Registration: 2014-06-15
I just downloaded EA3 on Mac and it doesn't run for me. I hit 'Play', the 'Preparing to launch' Steam dialog comes up and disappears and nothing else happens.

I'm running OS 10.9.5 with Geforce 750 graphics. This is the first time I've ever downloaded the game. If there's a way to gather more information for you, let me know and I'll provide that.
#13 2017-04-13
Jinbe Posts: 2 Registration: 2017-04-22
Hello, when I play on my laptop SO, there is "texture" problem, every material ( especially metal ) have like "blue" tons of color, even copper have like some purple/blue shade around .

Caves, Trees, have too much colors ( really too much, like rainbow, including blue/red/green/orange/pink etc... ) this is also including building, if any construction has an hole, like for a door, window or something ( not entirely closed ) then every lane of block will have different texture color, even if it's the same of different materiel, the first lane of material ( so something like 1x1x30 ) will be red, the next one blue, the next yellow etc... like a rainbow, it is also influencing lighting ( if my character is front of / under the color, the character color will change too, to match the ton )

it is really disturbing, as it is changing every color in the game.

By the way, I'm using an Intel HD 4000 Graphic, but the game run just fine, may be compatibility problem ?
#14 2017-04-23
Published By Graham2017-04-13 22:27:29I just downloaded EA3 on Mac and it doesn't run for me. I hit 'Play', the 'Preparing to launch' Steam dialog comes up and disappears and nothing else happens.It seems your issue is related to Steam as the game is not even launched yet. We have few clues except the classic ones: deinstall/reinstall the game, reboot steam or even the computer. Maybe a dependency fails to install? Also, did you try to deactivate the DLC (the Original Sound Track)?
(Your graphic card is a little low, but you should at least be able to launch the game ! )

Published By Jinbe2017-04-23 10:16:47Hello, when I play on my laptop SO, there is "texture" problem, every material ( especially metal ) have like "blue" tons of color, even copper have like some purple/blue shade around .
[...]
By the way, I'm using an Intel HD 4000 Graphic, but the game run just fine, may be compatibility problem ?
Could you post a picture? However this seems related to your graphic card, Intel integrated cards are not sufficient to run the game smoothly. Maybe try to update your video drivers?
#15 2017-04-23
Jinbe Posts: 2 Registration: 2017-04-22
Here is a picture of the problem (imgur)/a/zRQZx ( I can't post picture yet with my account )

My video drivers are up to date, and the game run fine ( not include this problem )
#16 2017-04-24
TheBugHunter Posts: 4 Registration: 2017-06-16
I found a rather odd bug and I am wondering how to fix it because my character seems to be stuck in the middle of the cube planet. Because I cannot destroy any of the blocks (they are all lvl 3 and my claw is 2), I have no idea how to get back to my spaceship and escape. I think that this was due to the fact that the planet is a Work In Progress but I am not sure if this was what caused the problem.
#17 2017-06-16
Modified by TheBugHunter on 2017-06-16.
Is it possible to edit the save file to move my character to the surface?
#18 2017-06-16
TheBugHunter If you are in survival mode ou story mode, you can enter the command /suicide
And in that particular bug, you will not loose you items.
BecauseIf there is no place around you to spawn the bag, you will not loose your items while respawning.
#19 2017-06-16
Thank you cyberjasse, it worked and I kept my items. The only problem was that I lost my spaceship, but I just made another one so it was fine. Sorry that I forgot to post if it worked or not for a while.
#20 2017-06-21
Close We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.
By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here for more information about cookies.

Altalus

Send a friend request to

Send Request Cancel
Close

Do you really want to report this nickname () as abusive?

An error occured...Please retry or contact us to solve the problem

Thank you for accepting the forum terms of use.
You now have access to all the forum features (including creating new topics and messages).

Reply Quote Modify Delete Moderate Report as critical Add to CD bookmarks Remove from CD bookmarks Close topic (Re)open topic Set as post-it Stop setting up as post-it Set as announcement Stop setting up as announcement Jump to first Cubical Drift message Next Cubical Drift message

Do you really want to delete this message (this operation cannot be undone)?
Please note that if your message is the first one of a topic, the topic will be deleted too.

Cancel Submit