Space Ships and their wonky behavior.

GreenHatGamer Posts: 1 Registration: 2017-01-01
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but building a ship is incredibly difficult at times. I often find myself needing to stand on top of it to build certain parts, but this usually ends up in the ship either floating upward, or when I place something they will snap and fly away.

This also applies to ones I've finished as well.
Would it be possible to have a way to ground ships to the floor, or keep them in place while building? And have a landing gear to keep them grounded when not in use?

If this has been talked about before I apologize.
#1 2017-01-01
CodingMarmot Posts: 1050 Registration: 2014-04-15
There still are some bugs in spaceship physics that can be annoying, like the one where the ships move when we walk on it. We are working on this issues.

In the time being (in story mode, as in creative mode you can fly with F2, preventing this issue), you can build a workshop/shed before building a vehicle. Yes this is a construction game :-) Professional mechanic build & repair cars under a roof in a secure environment. This will prevent you ship to fly away. You may also be crushed between a wall and your ship. Oh, no, don't worry, just kidding, as the ship don't do collision damage (yet?).

Using the jetpack makes it hard to target the blocks as it moves fast, so it's not a good solution. You can build a structure around with some trash blocks to gain access to elevated places, like we would do in real life if we wanted to build a mech warrior of 30 feet, like we do at Cubical in our free time.
#2 2017-01-01
Delteis Posts: 11 Registration: 2015-09-12
Why don't we build a small facility that uses said hover technology to float the control block like 6 blocks above ground or freezing device. ENTIRELY FROZEN. Then we can easily go ontop of it. Once it's built we can enter the seat, and drive away. It's then in it's dynamic state once outside of said facility, but once we drive it back we can edit / repair it as it would freeze up again.

(BUT AS LONG AS A PLAYER IS INSIDE IT, IT CAN MOVE... No griefing here....)
#3 2017-01-10
Close We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.
By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here for more information about cookies.

Altalus

Send a friend request to

Send Request Cancel
Close

Do you really want to report this nickname () as abusive?

An error occured...Please retry or contact us to solve the problem

Thank you for accepting the forum terms of use.
You now have access to all the forum features (including creating new topics and messages).

Reply Quote Modify Delete Moderate Report as critical Add to CD bookmarks Remove from CD bookmarks Close topic (Re)open topic Set as post-it Stop setting up as post-it Set as announcement Stop setting up as announcement Jump to first Cubical Drift message Next Cubical Drift message

Do you really want to delete this message (this operation cannot be undone)?
Please note that if your message is the first one of a topic, the topic will be deleted too.

Cancel Submit