Quest question: In the Footsteps of Phileas

Nepoxx Posts: 2 Registration: 2016-12-20
Me and my friends completed the dungeon before doing the quest, so maybe we "broke" it.

In any case, the quest tells us to go to a dungeon and find 4 notes in the Observation Station. I've found notes 2, 3 and 4 but I can't find the first one. Does anyone know where it is and whether the quest is supposed to update?

The quest tells that he went to hide in a tree, but I don't have any marker nor clue as to its location.
#1 2016-12-20
cyberjasse Registration: 2014-08-03
The first note is ...Open this spoilIn a room near the entry of this observatory, where there are many containers. The note is hidden behind a stack of containers against the wall. You have to retrieve some to find the note.
#2 2016-12-20
Nepoxx Posts: 2 Registration: 2016-12-20
I've looked and looked. Found some secret chests, still no note. I think maybe the note was destroyed or collected by a friend by accident. I guess the quest is now stuck :/
#3 2016-12-22
Angetsu Posts: 17 Registration: 2016-09-15
Hi.

Did you or your friend had a lvl2 digging gauntlet when you cleared the dungeon? If so it's possible that the note was accidentally "dug" with the containers. If that's the case the quest is indeed stuck :/
If you want, you can send an e-mail with your save to the support so we can "unstuck" you.

This is a bug though, and it's been noted.
#4 2016-12-22
TheMortis Posts: 1 Registration: 2017-01-09
I got the same problem. explored the dungeon with a friend and accidentally dug the last note before reading it. now we can't finish the quest.

where do i find the save and to which mail address can i send it to get fixed?
#5 2017-01-09
Angetsu Posts: 17 Registration: 2016-09-15
Hi,

You can find the saves in C:\Users\{YOUR_NAME}\AppData\Local\StellarOverloadEA2\Saved\Saves\Universes and Zip (or rar, or tar, ...) your universe.

For the support you can contact it here: http://www.stellar-overload.com/contact.html?o=2 and we will get back to you to ask for your file. (we do it that way because our programmers don't want the direct e-mail address on the forum to avoid bots finding it)

Cheers!
#6 2017-01-09
roboman54 Posts: 1 Registration: 2017-01-19
I know this is an old question but I am also having trouble with this quest. I can't find which Observation Station even has notes. Please help! Thanks.
#7 2017-01-19
cyberjasse Registration: 2014-08-03
Those notes are in the same observation station. You can find wich one by following the quest in the quest menu. Then an indicator in the HUD will show you the direction to go.
#8 2017-01-19
Close We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.
By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here for more information about cookies.

Altalus

Send a friend request to

Send Request Cancel
Close

Do you really want to report this nickname () as abusive?

An error occured...Please retry or contact us to solve the problem

Thank you for accepting the forum terms of use.
You now have access to all the forum features (including creating new topics and messages).

Reply Quote Modify Delete Moderate Report as critical Add to CD bookmarks Remove from CD bookmarks Close topic (Re)open topic Set as post-it Stop setting up as post-it Set as announcement Stop setting up as announcement Jump to first Cubical Drift message Next Cubical Drift message

Do you really want to delete this message (this operation cannot be undone)?
Please note that if your message is the first one of a topic, the topic will be deleted too.

Cancel Submit