Text too small

Rader052612 Posts: 3 Registration: 2015-07-19
I've noticed the text is tiny and very hard to read at times. Is thia just me? How would I fix this? I play through a 42" TV and have the resolution set to match the TV resolution. I've not had problems with any other game.
#1 2016-06-18
CodingMarmot Posts: 1018 Registration: 2014-04-15
The game is designed a screen resolution of 1920x1080. The text can be small sometimes, especially in combo boxes, when the resolution is decreased too much. What is the resolution in pixels of your TV ? Even if the resolution is sufficient, another problem could be that TV are more blurred than computer screens.
We plan to make some slight improvements in the UI for the Steam version, so could you tell us which is the largest text you cannot read? We make take that into account, however sometimes we have few space for text.
#2 2016-06-18
Rader052612 Posts: 3 Registration: 2015-07-19
My Tv resolution is 1360x768, old school I know, but even when I get very close the text is still super tiny. I tried in a 1080 resolution and again the text was tiny compared to what you'd expect on a game. The smallest I can see decently clear is the home screen. The start a new game text size is the smallest I can see. However it seems super small even, compared to other games.
#3 2016-06-20
metzer Posts: 1 Registration: 2014-06-12
I think I agree with Rader that some of the text is too small.

I'm thinking specifically of:

• all of the text in the Tutorials section
  • some of the text on the Character sheet
  • some of the text in the crafting interface:

I think the dialog text is very nice, as are the "F to interact" prompts.

I should mention that I'm playing on a 31" PC monitor @ 1080p.
#4 2017-06-12
Modified by metzer on 2017-06-12.
Close We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.
By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here for more information about cookies.

Altalus

Send a friend request to

Send Request Cancel
Close

Do you really want to report this nickname () as abusive?

An error occured...Please retry or contact us to solve the problem

Thank you for accepting the forum terms of use.
You now have access to all the forum features (including creating new topics and messages).

Reply Quote Modify Delete Moderate Report as critical Add to CD bookmarks Remove from CD bookmarks Close topic (Re)open topic Set as post-it Stop setting up as post-it Set as announcement Stop setting up as announcement Jump to first Cubical Drift message Next Cubical Drift message

Do you really want to delete this message (this operation cannot be undone)?
Please note that if your message is the first one of a topic, the topic will be deleted too.

Cancel Submit